HOLIDAY SUGAR COOKIES
It's cookie time! The best time! And nothing quite says the holidays like a counter top full of flour + butter + cookie cutters and sprinkles. Today I'm sharing with you a yummy cookie recipe that comes from a friend of mine, her moms actually. I adopted it into our family and it's here to stay. It's the perfect cookie really. I am talking buttery deliciousness people. It is the perfect combination of sweet, with just a tiny hint of salty. It is basically heaven in one bite! This is also a great one to do with the kids. They will be very good at eating the dough and rolling them in sprinkles.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Red and green sugar crystals
WHAT TO DO
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter; add sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well. Beat in the oil and add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Combine dry ingredients with butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Chill dough for 2-4 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and then roll the balls in the sugar crystals.
- Place dough 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.