LEMON DILL TUNA SALAD
My love affair with lemon continues and rightfully so. Apparently as a child I was often times found with a half of a lemon in hand. Squeezing it to my face and enjoying every drop. Which as an adult makes me cringe. Oh, my poor tooth enamel. Luckily, no pearly whites were damaged in the process. But, I continue to lust after it, and ANYTHING made with lemon. And I'm talking the REAL stuff, no artificial flavors welcomed here.
It was about eight years ago, when I decided to try a very similar salad at Whole Foods. It was delish, maybe a tad too mayonnaisey for my liking, and not to mention, a little pricey. I believe it was about $7 for a small single serving container. I'm not knocking Whole Foods, I shop there WEEKLY and will continue to do so. I'm a lifer, people! They've sucked me in. I believe it was that beautiful fresh flower section when you first walk in or maybe the fact that I just feel healthier passing through those automatic green doors. HA! I dunno? Geez, see I got off track. Expect that on here. I always have a story about everything. Moving on........cause I know the recipe is what you came here for.
- 2- 12oz cans Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna [in water], rinsed and drained *Very important. I never use tuna from the can without rinsing. I like to wash away as much sodium as possible and that gooey stuff on top. yuck!
- 1/2 TBS fresh dill, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon or more
- 1/2 TBS Hellman's Light Mayonnaise, or more to your liking.
- salt + fresh cracked pepper
- chopped scallions or white onion are a good add on too.
Mine is a tad lighter, has more lemon and to me, is just better. I usually make a big 'ol batch and nosh on it all week for lunch. Usually on a salad or with Triscuits standing over my kitchen island, DEVOURING it like nobody's watching. It's also a great one to serve to a crowd + girls luncheon or bridal shower.
I sure hope you enjoy it!