BROWN BUTTER MUSHROOMS
Ok, so you've got the beef. Now, how about some more of those mushrooms. Today I'm sharing Steve's absolute favorite side dish and quite possibly, vegetable in general, SAUTEED MUSHROOMS.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 5 springs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbs white wine
- salt + pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In a medium bowl, toss mushroom with olive oil + salt + pepper.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Tossing a few times during that time. They will begin to caramelize.
- Meanwhile in a medium skillet, cook butter until it starts to turn a light brown color.
- Remove from heat and add minced garlic, thyme and white wine.
- Add mushrooms to butter, add salt + pepper. Toss and coat well.
- Pour into serving dish and top with a little more fresh thyme for garnish.