PEPPERMINT CREME BROWNIES
There are TWO things I love during the holidays...peppermint and chocolate. Actually, I splash Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha creamer in my coffee year round. So my love for this combo runs deep. That's why these are my favorite and the reason I can only make them once a year. Otherwise my belly would look just like Santa's. If you can't live without this combo, then get baking sista!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate brownie mix (including box ingredients)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tub of dark chocolate Homestyle frosting
- 4 candy canes, crushed
WHAT TO DO
- Make brownies according to package directions in a parchment lined 9x9 pan.
- Bake brownies, set aside and allow to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer cream together butter and peppermint extract.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and blend until well combined.
- Evenly spread butter + sugar mixture on cooled brownies, making sure to seal all the edges.
- Refridgerate brownies for at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile mircowave frosting tub to make spreadable. About 30-45 seconds.
- Take brownies out of the fridge and spread warmed frosting evenly all over brownies, using a rubber spatula or back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle brownies with crushed candy canes and allow frosting to set up before cutting.