BROILED SALMON WITH ARTICHOKE + KALE QUINOA
I totally made this one up, like I do with most all my recipes. It turned out really good, so I had to share. I'm always trying to incorporate new grains and get creative. I love quinoa, but my hubby always says it's so bland.. yadda yadda. I was on a mission to make him love it! Guess what, he loved it! The other thing I love about this one, is it's a ONE pot meal. Which means less dishes for momma.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 6 oz fresh salmon filets, skin off
- 1 large can of artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 bunch of dinosaur kale, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 32oz of low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup of Lundberg Farms quinoa
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
WHAT TO DO
- In a dutch oven or deep pot, add a few tablespoons of olive oil and bring to medium heat.
- Salt + pepper salmon filets and sear for about 1 minutes on one side. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to low/med and add olive oil and onion and sautee until translucent.
- Add chicken stock and chopped kale. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add quinoa, artichokes and sliced red peppers, and lemon juice, stir.
- Place salmon filets in pot. Carefully nestle them down into the broth and veggies.
- Place a lemon slice of each filet *pretty choices*
- Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked to desired temp.
SHOP THE POST