CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
THIS IS AN ORIGINAL RECIPE BY SUZANNE FROM WWW.KETOKARMA.COM
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES • COOK TIME: 40 MINUTES • YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1⁄2 pounds)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese 6 slices ham
- 1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 1 ounce plain pork rinds (6 to 8 large pork rinds)
- 2⁄3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- • Toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a medium-sized baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Place on a cutting board and cover with a piece of parchment paper. Use a kitchen mallet to pound the chicken to a thickness of 1⁄2 inch.
- Top each chicken breast with one slice each of Swiss cheese and ham. Roll each breast so that the cheese and ham are locked inside the chicken. Secure with a toothpick to prevent the chicken from unrolling.
- Make the breading: In a zip-top plastic bag, combine the pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Crush and shake until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer the “breading” to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted.
- Dip the chicken rolls, one at a time, into the butter and coat evenly. Place the butter-coated chicken rolls in the breading bowl and coat evenly. Place the breaded chicken rolls in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Place the chicken on a plate and spoon the drippings from the baking dish over the top before serving.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
CALORIES: 373 | FAT: 22.8 g | PROTEIN: 39 g | TOTAL CARBS: 2.3 g | NET CARBS: 2.3 g