Heirloom Tomato Ricotta Flatbread
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 pkg refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbs fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb heirloom tomatoes, you know the ugly ones in various colors
- salt + pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Unfold dough and shape into a rectangle and create an edge with dough.
- Brush dough with 1 tbs of olive oil, bake for 10 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
- Chop herbs and put into a small bowl.
- Combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, garlic and red pepper flakes. Add herb mixture and mix well.
- Spread mixture over pizza crust, leaving a border.
- Line ricotta mixture with sliced heirloom tomatoes, mixing all the different colors.
- Bake 8 -10 minutes more or until crust is golden and cheese is hot.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil, fresh herbs and salt + cracked pepper.
- Cut into squares and serve.