It's National Watermelon Day! If you're in search of the perfect end of summer cocktail, you've come to the right place. So grab a bottle of tequila (or vodka), a watermelon of course and get to it!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1/4 cup of water
- 8 cups of seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 cups blanco tequila (would be just as good with vodka)
- Mint leaves (optional garnish or can be muddled with ice before you add watermelon juice)
- Lime wedges as garnish
WHAT TO DO
1. In a blender, puree watermelon and water until smooth.
2. Strain watermelon juice, pressing gently on pulp to get as much juice as possible. Toss the pulp.
3. Pour lime juice into a pitcher. Add watermelon juice and tequila. Add ice and stir.
4. Add garnish with small watermelon slices and lime wedge. Serve cold. Makes 8 glasses