Isn't he just the cutest? I spotted him last year at the party store and thought, you need to come home with me! I'm turning you into an appetizer, and a good one. He's the perfect thing to share at your next Halloween Party. It's equally delicious and festive. And people go CRAZY for this app. Plus it screams FALL, and one you'll want to serve now through Thanksgiving. Get ready for those savory + sweet and spicy taste buds to explode!
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 2 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper or flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs chili powder
- pre-heat oven to 300°F
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, Worcestershire, red pepper, salt and garlic powder. Stir in pecans, and gently toss with chili powder to coat.
- Spread coated pecans on a medium baking sheet, and cook 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes.
- Remove pecans and let cool.
- Sit Mr. Skeleton on your platter of choice and place block of cream cheese on his lap.
- In a small bowl mix apple butter and pumpkin together.
- Spoon pumpkin & apple mixture on top of cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with spiced pecans and serve with crackers.