WATERMELON + JALAPENO SALAD
This is a summer favorite of mine. There are many variations out there, but I love the kick that the jalapeno brings. I seriously can't get enough of this salad. It's the perfect side dish for your next outdoor BBQ. It's a dreamy combination of sweet + salty with a touch of heat.
- 1- 5 lb watermelon, about 7 cups cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped and a few leaves to garnish
- 1 large jalapeno, diced [if small, maybe 2] I like spice.
- 4-5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Kosher salt + cracked pepper
Combine watermelon + jalapeno and mint together. Season with Kosher salt and cracker pepper. Gently mix. Refrigerate. Just before serving, drain off excess juice and toss in feta. Otherwise it can become mushy and feta begins to melt away. You want the salty crumbles of feta in every bite.