This is such an easy weeknight meal. I don't know about you, but my house is so busy during the fall and winter months that this recipe is always on constant rotation. It is literally only three ingredients and it is so delicious. Talk about a great way to fool the family into thinking you have been slaving away in the kitchen all day....wink, wink. In all seriousness, it is so perfect for those nights when you have to get one to play practice, another to football practice and try to figure out how to squeeze in dinner somehow. I mean seriously, when in the world is science going to figure out how to clone us mamas. I know most days I totally feel like I need three of me to keep my head above water. Okay, back to the recipe....this is perfect to serve over egg noodles or rice and viola you have a meal. It will take you longer to read this paragraph about the recipe then it will be for you to actually make it! Alright, get in the kitchen and you can thank me later!
- 4 lb beef chuck roast
- 12 oz Pacific Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
- 8 oz cream cheese (I use the reduced fat)
- Using a hand mixer, blend together cream of mushroom soup and cream cheese until well mixed.
- Place chuck roast into slow cooker (I have this one and I love it. PS it is on major sale right now).
- Pour soup and cream cheese mixture directly on top of the chuck roast.
- Cook for 8 hours on low.
Serve over mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or rice.