This recipe is my families favorite weekend breakfast. I make sure to always pick up a loaf of Brioche bread on Friday to ensure I'm ready for Sunday morning. It's a simple recipe really, but the secret ingredient is indeed THE BREAD. The one we love is from Whole Foods and you can find it in the bakery area. During the holidays I mix it up a little replace the milk with eggnog. Give this one a try...it's seriously delicious!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 loaf Brioche Bread (makes approx 12 slices)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- fresh berries
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat your electric griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, eggnog, nutmeg, cinnamon.
- Pour into a 8x8 baking dish.
- Slice bread evenly into 12 pieces.
- Dip bread in egg mixture making sure it's coated completely on each side. The bread acts as a sponge more or less.
- Transfer slices as you dip onto a buttered griddle.
- Cook until each side is golden brown. Keep french toast warm in a 225 degree oven until you've made the entire batch. Works well for a crowd, so you can all eat together.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh berries.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
*Shameless plug* My sister and brother-in-law have a Maple Syrup Farm in upstate New York. They make the best syrup and what I grew up eating. Whitney's Maple Spring Farm