Hi friends! I am not going to lie, re-entry from this past weekends conference is going to be rough. That is why we all need really easy, quick recipes to fall on. These are the types of days were my crockpot really gets a workout. I threw this together last week on Insta-stories and honestly I had no idea whether it was going to turn out or not. I basically just threw a bunch of ingredients that I had on hand in my fridge, said a little prayer over my crockpot, and viola, 8 hours later I had this delicious Spicy Salsa Verde Chicken. You can serve this over brown rice or quinoa and it makes a really delicious sauce.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 16 oz jar Frontera Foods Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, sliced
- 26 oz can Whole Tomatillo's
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 4 oz can green chilies, diced
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- avocado, sliced
- Queso Fresco (crumbly mexican cheese)
- fresh cilantro
WHAT TO DO
- Place chicken breast in slow cooker.
- Chop, slice and dice peppers, onions and mince garlic.
- Add salsa, can chilies and tomatillos.
- Squeeze juice of lime.
- Mix all ingredients well and cover.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
Serve over rice or quinoa. I like to top mine with sliced avocado, crumbled fresco and fresh cilantro.