RASPBERRY PRETZEL DELIGHT
If you're a true Southerner, you'll know this dish at first sight. If not, get on board and find out what all the fuss is about. It's three delectable layers. One salty & sweet, the other creamy and smooth. Topped off with the perfect fruity finish. I know, you're looking at the ingredients and thinking, what on gods green earth? But trust the generations of women before you and make this!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz cool whip
- 1 large box raspberry jell-o
- 3 cups crushed pretzel pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 10oz bags frozen raspberries
- 2 cups boiling water
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- With a hand mixer, blend room temperature cream cheese with cool whip together.
- Place pretzel pieces into a 9x13 baking dish and spread evenly in pan.
- Melt butter and stir in sugar. Pour evenly over pretzels and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from over and let cool completely.
- Spread cream cheese + cool whip mixture over baked pretzels. Making sure to seal the edges of the pan very well. You don't want any of the jello seeping through to the pretzels. The goal is to keep them crunchy and the dish in three layers.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add jello packet and stir well. Add frozen raspberries and stir.
- Carefully pour jello + raspberries over cream cheese mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to chill for several hours. I usually let it go overnight.