CRISPY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
Who doesn't love fried chicken? It's certainly a favorite here in the south and goes perfectly with sweet tea and corn bread. It's just that I wish it wasn't fried. So, I took one of my go-to recipes for chicken tenders and decided to slap it on some drumsticks and thighs too. Let's just say...my family went bonkers. Let me share it with you, so you and your family can react the same way. It's crispy + juicy and downright delicious.
- 6 chicken boneless thighs, with skin
- 6 chicken drumsticks, with skin
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup cheese, grated or shaved
- salt + pepper to taste
- 4 eggs, beaten or you can use egg whites instead
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using 3 shallow bowls or one of these nifty breading trays.
- Fill one with flour, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Mix well.
- Beat eggs and pour into second bowl.
- In the last bowl mix parmesean and panko, salt & pepper to taste.
- Dredge chicken on both sides in flour mixture, then egg wash and lastly panko & parm mixture.
- Making sure to coat all sides well.
- Place covered chicken pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in your preheated 400° oven for 20-25 minutes or until the internal tempature chicken has reached 165°
- Watch carefully so that panko doesn't burn. If need be, half way through baking, lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent from burning.