EASTER DINNER: CHEESY POTATOES
I am pulling a recipe out of the Hutchinson family vault to share with you guys today. My mother-in-law Sandi, has made this recipe for as long as I can remember. It is one of Steve's absolute favorites, in fact it is even in the NFL wives cookbook, it's that good. Sandi calls these potatoes "funeral potatoes", but that felt a little depressing, but I guess appropriate based on the occasion. Whatever you want to call them, I can guarantee that they will become a regular on your family's holiday table. Hope you all enjoy them as much as we do!
- 32 oz bag Diced Hash Brown Potatoes, frozen
- 12 oz carton/can Cream of Chicken condensed soup
- 6 oz bag shredded white cheddar cheese
- 8 oz bag Monterey Jack shredded cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 single serve size (1.5 oz) Potato Chips, crushed
- In a medium sauté pan, cook down onions and butter until onions are translucent. Be careful not to brown the onions.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix together frozen hash browns, both cheeses, sour cream and cream of chicken, stir well.
- Add sautéed onions and butter and mix again.
- Spread into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle crush potato chips on top.
- Bake in a 350° oven uncovered for 1 hour, or until bubbly.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 8-10 depending on how many helpings. They'll be going back for seconds.