Ok, so you've got the beef. Now, how about some more of those mushrooms. Today I'm sharing Steve's absolute favorite side dish and quite possibly, vegetable in general, SAUTEED MUSHROOMS.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 5 springs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbs white wine
- salt + pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In a medium bowl, toss mushroom with olive oil + salt + pepper.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Tossing a few times during that time. They will begin to caramelize.
- Meanwhile in a medium skillet, cook butter until it starts to turn a light brown color.
- Remove from heat and add minced garlic, thyme and white wine.
- Add mushrooms to butter, add salt + pepper. Toss and coat well.
- Pour into serving dish and top with a little more fresh thyme for garnish.