Say that 10 times fast! SALAD SALSA, SALAD SALSA, SALAD SALSA.....ok, wasn't as funny as I thought. Anyhow this is something I started making a few years back and there are so many variations. Basically, I take all my salad ingredients and marinate them and then add to my lettuce of choice before serving. I find it really lets all those flavors come together and to be quite honest, the toppings are all I end up eating anyway. Am I right? Isn't there always a pile of lettuce at the bottom of your bowl? Here's one of many favorites and it's pretty good by itself too.
- 1 english cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 large basket/container of multicolored cherry tomatoes, havled
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- kosher salt + cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar, if you like you can use regular balsamic vinegar
- 1 Haas avocado, cubed
Toss together in a bowl, cover and refridgerate for a few hours - up to overnight. Allowing the tomatoes and cucumbers to take on the flavors. When ready to serve, simply plate each bowl with your lettuce of choice and spoon marinated Salad Salsa on top. Add some really great bakery croutons and you got yourself a really refreshing yummy salad.
I don't know about you, but I CRAVE salad all summer long. So, add this one to your line up. Great for a crowd too.