SAVORY SAUSAGE STUFFING
Stuffing is the one dish that you can always count on being at the table on Thanksgiving and do I have a recipe for you! This Savory Sausage Stuffing is my tried and true that is always, always, always a favorite. It’s that dish that our family never sways from and counts on it being there every year. So give this breaded and buttery dream stuffing a go this year. It pairs perfectly with the turkey. Enjoy, Xx.
WHAT YOU NEED
1 pkg pork sausage
2 cups chopped celery
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 cups crusty bread, cubed and toasted
1- 14oz bag Pepperidge Farm stuffing cubes
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 egg, beaten
1 stick unsalted butter
1/4 cup fresh sage, chopped
1 tbs fresh rosemary
cracked pepper + salt
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Evenly spread cubed crusty bread and rosemary on a sheet pan and toast in oven until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. In a medium skillet, cook sausage. After it’s cooked transfer into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
5. In the same skillet melt butter. Add celery, onion and sage and sautee until tender.
6. Add stuffing cubes and toasted bread to sausage bowl. Add sauteed celery, onion and butter. Mix well.
7. Add beaten egg, chicken stock, and poultry seasoning. Combine all together.
8. Spoon into a greased 2 qt baking dish.
9. Cover and bake for 45 minutes, uncovering after 35 minutes.