You’ve been waiting and here they are…Rachel Devries’ FAMOUS Power Muffins AKA Oatcake muffins AKA Lactation Muffins (great for nursing mommas). I’ll bake these treats to have them before my morning workouts. My kids love them. My husband loves them. Guests always ask about the recipe. You can freeze them, too!
Because they are so good, you’ll think how in the world can they be healthy?! Well they are and I’ve listed all the ingredients below so you can see for yourself + step by step instructions so you can whip some up.
If you missed it, catch some additional instruction and information about these healthy treats as Rachel and I step into the kitchen and show you how it’s done in our video! Click here to watch.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup almond flour
1 cup quinoa flour
1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
2 teaspoons fine-grain sea salt
1/4 cup flax seeds (flax meal works great too!)
2/3 cup melted coconut oil
2/3cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F with a rack in the top third of the oven.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
4. Melt the coconut oil in a large bowl.
5. Add all of the dry ingredients first. Mix well.
6. Then add all wet ingredients and mix again until fully combined.
7. Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, nearly filling them.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes depending on the level of golden brown finish you desire.
SHOP THE RECIPE
I mentioned in the video, my sister’s maple syrup farm in upstate New York.
It’s to die for and I bet you’ve never had any like this. Check them out on Facebook or you can call to order. Makes a great gift over the holidays or if you’re a pancake loving family like we are, perfect the weekends.