ASIAN MEATBALLS + RICE NOODLE SALAD
These little yummy bites of goodness are from the WHAT TO EAT series I collaborated on with Body By Heidi last month. Oh, man...if you haven't tried these or any of her recipes you really should. It's not diet food, it's just GOOD CLEAN EATING. Since making these, they've been requested by my family twice for dinner.
I've learned to keep these simple ingredients on hand now.
- 2 1/2 lbs organic ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp fresh ginger (I use frozen fresh cubed herbs from trader joes to save)
- 4 tsp fresh garlic (trader joes cubes)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 c cilantro, chopped
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp GF Tamari
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
Heat oven to 350 F.
Mix all of the above minus the oil in a large mixing bowl. Drop meat mixture balls into a heated skillet with sesame oil. Brown each side. Transfer to a cookie sheet and finish off in 350° oven for 10 minutes
RICE NOODLE SALAD
- 2 packages pad Thai rice noodles
- 1 handful of each chopped- cilantro, scallions, mint
- 1 seedless cucumber, julienned
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 Serrano or Fresno peppers, finely diced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic (Trader Joes cubes)
- 6 tbsp organic Eden brown rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 6 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp organic sesame oil
Mix all the ingredients together for dressing in a small container with lid and shake until mixed well. Cook noodles as directed and rinse with cool water. Add all ingredients and noodles to a bowl, along with the dressing. Toss and enjoy.
*serves 4-6 or can be doubled for weekly meal planning