- 1 bagel (any flavor that would go well w/ egg)
- 2 to 3 large eggs
- Desired fillings (I used spinach, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and salt & pepper)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a piece of foil with nonstick spray.
2. Slice the very bottom of the bagel off nice and evenly. Set aside to eat, turn into breadcrumbs or discard.
3. Carefully hollow out the bread inside of the cut bagel using your fingers to pull the bread away from the crust of the bagel (discard or turn into breadcrumbs). Set the bagel, cut-side-up on the foil.
4. Whisk 2 eggs and pour them into the hollowed out bagel. Place desired filling choices into the egg. If the egg and filling does not fill the bagel completely, you can add another whisked egg on top.
5. Wrap the bagel up the sides with the foil, but keep the top open to the heat of the oven. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until the egg is completely set. Timing will depend on how many eggs used and how large the bagel is. Serve immediately