THE EASIEST EASTER DESSERT: MARSHMALLOW BIRD NESTS
Did you guys catch that title? I am about to share with you the absolute easiest Easter desert on the planet. The best part is that it tastes delicious and looks absolutely adorable. It is a great recipe to make with your kids because it is so simple and fun. Don't let the Chow Mein noodles scare you off, I promise that it tastes like a delicious, crunchy Rice Krispy treat. I frequently will use these as a little place setting for my Easter table and put the name cards in the nest surrounding by the eggs or propped against the marshmeallow peep.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 12oz bags of Chow Mein Noodles
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 16oz bags of Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- 10oz bag of mini eggs for decoration
- 12 cup muffin tin
- In a large pot melt two sticks of butter on low heat. Add marshmallows and continually stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add chow mein noodles, stirring until well coated.
- Allow to cool, so that you're able to handle.
- Fill each muffin tin with marshmallow noodles and press into tin. Using your fingers to mold to shape of muffin cup, yet allowing some to spill over. That will give you the look of a birds nest.
- Let cool and then carefully remove and arrange on platter or cake stand. Fill with a few eggs and a peep.
Makes 12-16 nest.