ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLE BUNDLES
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 lb of carrots, trimmed and quartered lengthwise, leaving tops attached
- I bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 lb parships, trimmed and cut into long spears
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1 lb of medium thickness bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt + pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large ziploc bag place cut vegetables.
- Add olive oil, salt + pepper, garlic powder. Seal and shake. Making sure vegetables are well covered. Set aside for 20-30 minutes or refridgerate and let marinate even over night.
- Remove from bag and separate vegetable into bundles. Each bundle having two asparagus, two carrots and two parsnips and a few sprigs of leeks.
- Carefully tie each bundle with a piece of bacon. Being careful not to tear bacon strips.
- Then place each bundle on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, until vegetables are tender and bacon is starting to crisp up.
*makes 10-12 bundles