Today’s podcast is all about THE GIRLS. My chickens. I got them late April and let’s just say they have been a hit. Little Instagram STARS! You guys are obsessed with them just as much as I am and I love it. It was my dream to have chickens running around our garden and vegetables like a Hallmark movie and we made it happen. This episode covers your most asked questions like when are they going to lay eggs and do I still eat chicken. I also get into:
- The scoop on the coop–where to get one and how we maintain the hen house
- Advice on getting chickens and what breeds are best for your home and personality
- Chick 411: Their routine, habits and when they are going to lay those darn eggs?
This new adventure had been 1000% worth it. I love these little things. I’m telling you, if you’re thinking about it, follow your chicken dreams today!
Love you. Mean it.
TIPS AND RESOURCES
- You can find my big chicken blog post with all the info + plus a super cute baby video here.
- The coop I ordered is from Smuckers Farm in Nolensville, Tennessee. We love it! Delivered completely put together! I had also looked at the beautiful Carolina Coops.
- We got the chicks in Tennessee from Poultry Hollow Hatchery. We picked two buff Orphington‘s, one jubilee Orpington and one cream Legbar. A perfect team!
- I also mentioned my garden coach Arianna at Birch Arbor Gardens, check her out!
- Follow chicken hashtags and accounts on Instagram and look for coop kits on Etsy.