Before dawn Tuesday, Nashville was hit with little warning by a devastating tornado. I was out of town in Ohio with Steve and woke up shocked and heartbroken by what I was seeing. Precious lives were lost. Homes, cars and businesses destroyed. Families, workers and pets have been displaced. Once I knew that my family, friends and team were safe, all I could think about is how I could help this wonderful city. How WE as a community of friends could put our hearts together to help. So, for today’s Hey Landyn, I’m going to give you every possible way we can come together and uplift Nashville. Girls, let’s make a BIG impact. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!
DONATE WITH PURCHASE
- I Believe in Nashville Shirt: 100% of all profits from shirts sold today will be donated to local tornado relief effort.
- Love & Lion has a variety of tee and sweatshirt styles with 100% of proceeds going to the Community Foundation of Middle TN.
- Project 615 Nashville Strong Shirt: #NashvilleStrong is a campaign tee designed to benefit those experiencing loss from the tornado that stormed through Nashville on March 3, 2020. All profits will go to the Middle Tennessee Emergency Response Fund by the Community Foundation of Middle TN to aid in disaster relief.
- Our friend Cortney at Nashville Cheesegal is raising money by making Cheesegal Boxes for Tuesday pickup. My store will be a pickup location in addition to Apple & Oak in East Nashville and Yearly Company in Green Hills. To reserve a box, make a minimum $50 donation to the Community Resource Center by Sunday at midnight. Then email NCGBoxes@gmail.com to reserve a spot. Let her know how many boxes you’re wanting to reserve and at which location. She will email you back with a conformation and request a receipt of donation.
- My talented friend Hailey Whitters, who wrote and sings Janice at the Hotel Bar, will be donating 100% of the proceeds from her March 10 show in Nashville. Purchase tickets here.
AT THE STORE
- We’re willing to help with any displaced retail associates looking for temporary work. Please email the store!
- Starting yesterday through Sunday March 8, we are donating 20% of every purchase to the Community Resource Center.
- If you would like to bring an item to donate to the Community Resource Center, drop it off (3820 Charlotte Avenue) and we’ll take care of it for you. They are looking for the following: (Please note that they don’t want anything used, perishable food or suitcases.)
- Cleanup supplies: Windex, tarps, large trash cans, trash bags, gloves, bleach, paper towels
- Personal hygiene: Toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, tampons, razors, shaving cream
- Personal items: New underwear (all sexes/ages/sizes), new sports bras (all sizes), new socks
- Baby items: Diapers, pacifiers, new clothes, wipes
- If you are out of town and would like to donate items, we’ve put together an Amazon wishlist here and you can send to: Community Resource Center, 218 Omohundro Place, Nashville, Tennessee 37210.
- The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee has activated the Middle Tennessee Emergency Response Fund to support the affected communities and nonprofits helping victims address their ongoing needs.
- United Way: Text Relief 2020 to 41444 to donate
- Red Cross: text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation
- Hands On Nashville
- Mt. Juliet Cleanup
- Music is Love Cleanup Saturday March 7
- Second Harvest Food Bank, email email@example.com.
- Air BNB: If you’ve been displaced or are helping with relief efforts, you can book free accommodations between March 3, 2020 and March 24. Click here to search. If you want to offer free, temporary housing to people who need a place to call home, click here.
- Oxana Salon is doing free blow outs and shampoos for victims
- Eastside Station (805 Woodland St) is offering free storage to those affected
- VCA Animal Hospitals in Tennessee are providing free boarding for pets.
LOCAL ITEM DONATION
- Only One Tailoring is accepting food, water, pet supplies.
- Crue Nashville is accepting water, nonperishable food, pet food, diapers.
Please let me know of any other organizations that may need help in the comments. I would love this to be a resource to support one another.