- 1 12 oz. package of fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- juice from 3 oranges (around 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest
- Rinse the cranberries in a strainer
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the cranberries start to pop.
- Remove from heat. Stir in orange zest.
- Allow the sauce to cool. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Can you use frozen cranberries as an alternative if fresh aren’t available?
I think so!
I don’t have oranges but have orange juice. Can I use that?
Worth a shot!