– 2 pks boneless skinless chicken thighs
– juice from 1/2 lemon
– juice from 1/2 lime
– 1/2 tbs jalapeño paste
– 1/8 tsp chipotle chili powder
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp onion powder
– 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
– 1 tbs olive oil
1. In a large bowl toss chicken with all the seasoning, cilantro, juices and olive oil. Making sure it’s coated well, cover and set aside until ready to grill. *This can also be done ahead of time, covered and placed in the fridge until ready.
2. Cook your chicken thighs on medium / high heat for about 9-12 minutes. Flip at the halfway point.
3. Remove from grill, let rest for 3 minutes and chop.
– 1/2 lb peeled, deveined with tails off
– juice of a half fresh orange
– juice 1/2 fresh lime
– 1/8 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp tajin mexican seasoning
– 1/2 tbs olive oil
1. In a medium bowl toss shrimp with all the seasonings, orange juice and olive oil. Making sure shrimp is coated well, cover and set aside until ready to grill. Because of the orange juice acidity and ability to cook the shrimp. The shrimp is best seasoned right before cooking.
2. Grill shrimp over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, turning them at the half way mark. The outside of the shrimp should turn a nice pink color and the meat should be white and opaque when done.
– skirt steak
– 1/2 tbs cumin powder
– 1/2 tbs garlic powder
– 1/2 tbs smoked paprika
– salt + pepper
– 2 tbs olive oil
1. Pat skirt steak dry with paper towel. Mix dry seasoning in a bowl. With your hands rub both sides of steak with seasonings. Drizzle with olive oil on both sides, rub into meat, turning the dry rub almost into a paste. make sure steak is coated well. Set aside until ready to grill. This can be done ahead of time, covered and placed in the fridge until ready.
2. Grill steak 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until done to your liking.
3. VERY IMPORTANT to let your skirt steak rest 5 minutes before slicing into.
– 2 avocados, halved, pitted and sliced *squeeze a lime over to keep from turning brown if not eating right away
– 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
– 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
– 1 lime, sliced into wedges and halved to squeeze over top tacos
– crema mexicana (mexican sour cream – it’s thinner and has a higher fat content)
CLIANTRO + LIME RICE
– cook white rice to package directions – we love our rice cooker
– juice of 1/2 lime
– 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
– Toss rice, lime juice and cilantro well and serve.
– 1 pk 6″ white corn tortillas
– 16 oz shredded quesadilla cheese
1. Place tortilla on to hot surface (flat top griddle, large sauté pan at medium heat or on your girll. We used our Oyfr grill to cook ours.
2. While tortilla remains on the grill, top with quesadilla cheese and then place another tortilla on top and continue to cook another minute or two. Flip cheesy tortilla over. Essentially you are making mini quesadillas and will uses these as your taco shells to load up all your meat & toppings.
Build your street taco how you like & enjoy! This was fun to do and was such a hit with our family! DELISH!