GAMEDAY BITES: PIZZA KABOBS
It's game day, and you want to have a few people over to cheer on your favorite team. You've got the beer and know what time the game starts.... now, what are you going to feed the people? Sure, you could fire up the grill, but then you'd miss the game. Order pizza? Good idea, but why not put a spin on that classic game day eat. Next time try these Pizza Kabobs. They are delicious + fun to eat and even more fun to make. Set up bowls in your kitchen with all toppings and guests can stack up they're skewers how they like, bake and enjoy! FYI: Also makes for a great week-night dinner the kids will love!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 green peppers, cut into 1” pieces
- 3 cups whole cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced pepperoni or cooked Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbs Italian Seasoning
- wooden skewers
- 1 jar pizza sauce or marinara for dipping
WHAT TO DO
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°
- Thread your wooden skewers with tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni and basil.
- Flour your counter top and roll out pizza dough. Slice dough into 1/2 “ strips and wrap around veggies.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil and Italian Seasoning. With a brush, baste each skewer.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until pizza dough is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place back in oven and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Serve with marinara sauce.