Needing a quick appetizer? When I say quick, I mean like 5 minutes. It’s one of my favorites to bring and serve at any gathering. People look forward to it. As a matter of fact I brought this last night to the 7th Grade Moms Night and it was a HUGE hit! Just 4 simple ingredients. Creamy goat cheese, topped with roasted pistachios and drowned in sweet honey and savory fig jam. Oh man, soooooooooo good. It also looks super fancy and is sure to be the talk of the party. They’ll be asking……’who brought this?’
- 1 log of goat cheese (11 oz)
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios
- 2 tbs fig spread
- 3 table spoons of honey
- Crackers or bread for serving. I think it goes best with rosemary nut crackers, like pictured.
- Fresh rosemary for garnish
- In a ziploc bag place whole pistachios. Using a rolling pin to break up nuts into smaller pieces.
- Place goat cheese on a small plate or platter.
- Drizzle honey over cheese, allowing it to pool around on the plate.
- Sprinkle with pistachio pieces
- In a microwave safe dish, nuke fig spread for about 10-15 seconds. This will make it easier to drizzle on top.
- Spoon fig spread over top, then sprinkle a the last of the nuts on top.
- Garnish with rosemary and arrange crackers on plate.