TARRAGON EGG SALAD / CARROT CRESCENT ROLLS
This is one of my favorite salads to make, next to my Lemon Dill Tuna Salad and one I eat ALL YEAR LONG. But, it seems only fitting to share it with you on this bright and sunny Spring day. Especially served inside these precious carrot shaped crescent rolls. Don't these just beg for you to throw an little Easter Brunch or some sort of spring party? Speaking of parties, please make sure you hop on over to my festive Kid Easter Party tablescape being featured on Fashionable Hostess blog today! We got together for a little Q & A on entertaining + my party style and go-to cocktail. It's such a treat to be showcased in part of her FH Dinner Party Series over on her website. You must head over and read the full post, and see all the fun details. It's full of color, treats and pom-pom bunny tails.
And since we're talking kids and parties, these carrot shaped crescent rolls are easy enough for the kids to help with. Best part, it involves ice cream cones and you can't let the extras go to waste. So, I guess we're having ICE CREAM after!
- 2 8oz pkgs Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- orange food coloring or (red + yellow food coloring to make orange)
- whites of one egg
- 4 sugar cones
- aluminum foil
- nonstick cooking spray
- pastry brush
- fresh dill to garnish
- Wrap sugar cone in a single layer of foil, covering the outside completely. Tucking any extra foil inside the cone.
- Spray foil wrapped come with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using 2 crescent rolls, one at a time wrap cone. Using your fingers to press seams of the two together. Lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix egg white and a few drops of food coloring to achieve desired color of orange. I used 1-3 drops.
- With a pastry brush, or new craft paint brush, apply a thin layer of colored whites to each crescent roll.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until done.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Once cool, carefully remove crescent roll from cone, pulling and wiggling it off the cone, without breaking.
TARRAGON + SHALLOT EGG SALAD
This egg salad recipe came from a girlfriend of mine about 10 years ago. She made
it for me one day and I've been making it ever since. Make it once and you'll see why. OH MY GOSH! So delicious and oh so simple. I love the way the fresh tarragon + splash of white wine takes the flavors up a notch. Try this one!
- 1 dozen hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 2 table spoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- salt + pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and chill in refrigerator overnight. Allowing all of the ingredients to marinate. Simply stuff each carrot roll before serving and add a sprig of fresh dill for fun. Your guest are sure to get a kick out of this presentation. Serve and enjoy!