I bet you didn’t know what you were getting into, when you asked me for more quick and easy weeknight meals? Hold on tight, because I’m about to whip out 100 crock pot recipes. Here’s another house favorite. This is such an easy one to whip up. Perfect for a simple weeknight dinner, but also works if you need something quick and easy for a crowd. I actually made it for the neighbors on Halloween night and it was a HUGE hit. This one is pretty healthy too. I don’t use any cream or heavy dairy products. I love to add veggies to recipes when I can, and this one has yellow zucchini hidden inside. Hey, you’ve got to squeeze them in where you can, right?
Side Note: I mentioned this in my Hey Landyn post from Monday, but I am absolutely obsessed with my crockpot. It truly is one of the most used appliance in my kitchen, outside of my coffee maker of course! So, if you plan on sticking around for quick + easy recipes, you’ll need this.
I hope this one makes it into as heavy of a rotation at your house, as it is at mine. Let me know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 small yellow zucchini, diced
- 32 oz Pacific Foods Low Sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, or 4 boneless skinless breast
- 1 can northern beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 carton (12oz) Pacific Foods Organic Cream of Chicken Soup
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon cumin, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional. I like it spicy ?
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sour cream
- Tortilla strips
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Pepper jack cheese
- Sliced avocado
- Diced jalapeno
- Place removable cast aluminum insert from your crockpot to the stove top.
- Heat on medium, add olive oil.
- Sauté onion + poblano + jalapeno peppers until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped zucchini.
- Add chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, spices and fresh lime juice. Stir well.
- Drain and rinse beans under cold water, then add to crockpot.
- Add chicken tenderloins whole. You’ll shred at the end of cooking.
- Set your slow cooker to LOW setting. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving, shred chicken while in crockpot. Use two forks to do so.
- Serve with suggested toppings above.