This light + delicious berry trifle is truly the perfect summer dessert. It’s easy to throw together, travels well and is a crowd pleaser. Having only four simple and relatively healthy ingredients is why I find myself making it again and again. So, needing a dessert for tomorrows festivities? Look no further!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!
- 2 cartons of fresh ripe strawberries, washed and chopped (leaving a couple whole for garnish)
- 1 large carton of blueberries, washed and left whole
- 2 boxes of Angel Food Cake Mix, baked as directed + ingredients for that or 2 pre-made angel food cakes from bakery.
- 1 16oz tub of Cool Whip, defrosted
- 1 8oz tub of Cool Whip, defrosted
- glass trifle bowl *or a deep glass bowl so you can see the pretty layers
- Wash and pat dry strawberries, then chop into bite sized pieces. Wash blueberries, let dry.
- If making your own angle food cake, bake and cool cake completely. If using store bought, remove and cube into bite sized pieces.
- Start layering your dessert and repeat these steps until the dish is full.
- 1st layer with Cool whip, covering bottom of dish, sprinkle with both berries.
- Add pieces of cake, then more Cool Whip, berries…. repeat.
- Garnish with Cool Whip and top with berries for decoration.
Is it so silly that 50% of my conversations begin with, "Well, Landyn says…." 🙂 I just love everything about your blog! I cannot wait for Living with Landyn Live in Nashville! http://withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com
I say the same thing all day long! 😂😂
I make this too but I add a layer of vanilla instant pudding- you can make it with skim milk. It’s really good!