Every year after we take our family camping trip, I dream about this bread…I mean, it is just that good. Pair it with a good cup of coffee, and you have the breakfast of heaven. I am telling you, if you have never had monkey bread, today is the day you need to stop, get to the store, buy all of the ingredients, and change your world! If you want to add the ambience of a campfire, I wouldn’t be against that either…I mean, atmosphere is everything right?
- 14 qt. Dutch oven with legs
- Charcoal briquettes or hot coals
- Parchment paper
- 2 cans of biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 TBS cinnamon
- 6 TBS butter sliced into thin pieces
- Pour the cinnamon, sugar and brown sugar into a gallon size plastic bag. We used a zip top bag to get a good seal on top before shaking so we don’t end up with a big mess.
- Tear the dough apart and roll into small balls about 1 in size. Place the dough balls inside the plastic bag.
- Shake the dough balls around in the plastic bag until well coated.
- Line the dutch oven with parchment paper. This will make clean up a breeze!
- Remove the coated dough balls from the plastic bag and spread them out on the bottom of the
- parchment paper lined dutch oven.
- Place the slices of butter evenly over top of the dough balls.
- Cover the dutch oven and bake about 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Rotate the dutch oven about half way through the baking to ensure even baking.
- When they are hot and the butter is bubbly, enjoy!
PACK YOUR SUPPLIES