This thing has literally has ALL the things in it and is so delicious. It is one of our family favorites when it comes to breakfast dishes, and let me tell you, you probably won’t need another meal until dinner with how filling it is.
I know there are days when I look in my fridge and need to make a dish out of everything we have left, so this came to be and it is now one of our go-to’s.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, rough chopped
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 -6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Heat the oil over medium/ high heat in a large cast-iron skillet.
- Next, add potatoes, with the cut side down and cook them for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Toss potatoes in skillet, and cover with foil and cook for 10 minutes in oven.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, peppers and zucchini and squash into bite-size pieces.
- After the 10 minutes are up, remove skillet and uncover. add in onion and peppers.
- Cook for another 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are soft and the vegetables are golden brown.
- Stir in zucchini and squash, and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Then season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Crack the amount of eggs you choose on top of potato and vegetable mixture add fresh thyme and place back into the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes. The whites of eggs should be set and the center should still be runny.
- Remove serve directly from the skillet.
- You can also add in sausage, bacon, or any type of meat if you want!