There is nothing I love more than a good family camping trip in the airstream, where the family is just relaxing having fun. and now we have added in the tradition of making this Campfire Smore’s cake, so everyone is real happy. This thing is something you dream about after you’ve eaten it…or maybe that was just me? I don’t know, but I can tell you this will be a staple in our camping recipes from now on!
- 1 Sara Lee pound cake (freezer section) thawed, and cut into 1” pieces
- 6 Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
- 1-2 packages of Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares
- 1/2 of the large package of Jet Puffed Jumbo Marshmallows
- Dutch Oven (if you don’t have a dutch oven, you could also use a tin foil disposable pan)
- Layer dutch oven with parchment liner
- Cut up pound cake into 1 “ squares
- Layer cake squares, crumbled Graham crackers, chocolate pieces and top with a single layer of
- jumbo marshmallows
- Prepare grill or campfire for low heat using 16 to 18 charcoal briquettes
- Place onto hot grill and close the cover of Dutch oven. When briquettes are covered
- with white ash, placed on top of Dutch oven lid using only 6 briquettes
- Cook until marshmallows are golden brown and toasted, about 10- 15 minutes
- Remove dutch oven from the grill and serve. It will be hot, gooey, sticky and a yummy delicious mess. Your family will love it!