Is there really anything better than homemade pesto?! Honestly, if you ask Steve or Lily..heck, Luke for that matter and he’s usually picky, they may tell you, no when it comes to their dinner favs. THEY LOVE THIS STUFF. One of my favorite things to do is be in the kitchen playing around with ingredients…maybe it’s therapeutic…anyone else feel like that in the kitchen? You just get to think about cooking and forget the stress of the day? It’s the best and making homemade pesto is one of those I enjoy time after time. After having a caprese salad the other day, this recipe kind of came to me, and it is GOOD. One, because Steve is not a cold food lover. Like he would never touch a salad, but if I sautéed it….he’s in. So this dish was born. I have tried to come up with ways to incorporate my homemade pesto it into meals, and I have to say the family is a big fan of this new one.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken cutlets ( i love the thinner ones)- amount varies on amount of mouths you’ll be serving
- Layer of homemade pesto- recipe here
- Fresh mozzarella balls
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes
- Pre-heat oven 350° oven.
- Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish, salt and pepper them well.
- Put a layer of homemade pesto on the top of each chicken breasts.
- Cut your mozzarella into thick slices.
- Next, you will layer your fresh mozzarella slices onto the top of the pesto.
- Cut your tomatoes into slices (not too thin).
- Add tomato slices on top of the cheese.
- Put in oven for 18-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Serve it with pasta or however you like.
- Get some fresh bread and dip it in the pesto too.
SHOP THE POST