Ask and you shall receive! Last week, my mom whipped up a few delicious crockpot recipes for the family and you guys have been flooding my DM’s for all the info. This Pepper Steak is a classic, my grandma even made it growing up. Let’s just say this recipe has been a staple for so long that Belinda had to make it again just so she knew the exact ingredient to write out – this is a recipe she knows by heart. ♥️ This is such great an easy weeknight meal for the family. Link in bio and IG stories for the recipe.
- 1-1/2 - 2lbs. Top Round London Broil Steak
- Cubed 1-inch pieces. Serves 4-6
- 1 Cup low sodium Soy Sauce, plus 2 Cup of water.
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch to 1 cup of water (The reason for cornstarch for thickening. A lot like flour can thicken- Cornstarch makes your gravy clear where flour will be milky.)
- 4 Green Bell Peppers - cut julienne to 1-inch pieces. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Place steak with soy sauce in crockpot on low setting for 4-6 hours.
- Add bell pepper an hour before serving.
- Add 1/3 of cornstarch to one cup of water to thicken the soy sauce before serving. Bring pepper steak to a boil and slowly add cornstarch until it thickens to a light gravy.
- If you desire more gravy add an additional 1/2 cup of soy sauce, plus 1 cup of water.