- Russet potatoes (figure 1 medium per person)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Oil for frying
- Grated parmesan (optional topping)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Handcut or use French fry cutter to cut raw potatoes into uniform size. Put into a bowl and cover with water and place in fridge overnight to soak.
- Strain the fries from the water and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels and place back in fridge to dry out until ready to cook.
- Setup your deep fryer with preferred oil (I use peanut oil) and heat to 300º.
- Working in batches as to not overcrowd the fryer and drop the temperature by too much, fry the potatoes for 5-6 minutes.
- Once all the fries have been initially cooked, raise temperature of oil to 375º.
- Place fries back into oil and cook for 6 minutes or until preferred doneness.
- Drain and dump into large mixing bowl and sprinkle on sea salt and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve