These noodles are ALL the rage in my house right now! With Steve being on keto, this is something I can make and is a great alternative for real pasta. Honestly…I haven’t cooked real pasta in my house in over a year because of dang things, and trust me we were PASTA PEOPLE before!
They are Japanese miracle noodle, almost are like tofu, so they take on the flavor of whatever you cook them with. My kids, even Mister who is REAL picky, all love them and can’t tell a difference. They are delicious and filling. SO good! It’s all I use now. And they cook in like 2 minute, tops.
Where can you find these magical noodles? Publix, Whole Foods, Amazon..just look around the Asian aisle most of the time, and you will find them. Check the refrigerated area too. * FAIR WARNING* Make sure you rinse prior to cooking. When you first open the bag they stink, but that goes right away after a little bath. Let me know what you think!
- 1 pack of Shirataki Miracle Noodles (Japanese Tofu Type Noodle)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream * maybe more, depends on consistency you like*
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper (for a little spice)
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese * fresh is best*
- Dash of red pepper flakes * again, we like a little heat*
- Take the pack of shirataki noodles and put them in a colander, rinse with cool water, then shake well to drain water.
- Next, add the noodles to a medium sauce pan and add cream cheese and heavy cream.
- Add your seasonings to the noodles, including the grated parmesan
- Put on low, simmer and mix until everything is combined well.
- Add to serving plate, then top with a few red pepper flakes.
Hey, Landyn! I made these last night, thanks to you, and I love them! Game changer!
Question – the package says to boil them. Do you do that or just skip that step and just dry them out in the pan? Mine were a little chewy, (they seemed fine at first and didn’t think I needed to boil them), so I’m wondering if I had boiled them, that it would have fixed that. I was just trying to skip a step, but maybe that doesn’t work.
I made these…too chewy. I can’t get past the texture. I followed the directions on the package, rinse in cool water, boil for 2 minutes, dry in non-oiled pan. ???
Oh no! It may be an acquired taste.
Hi Landyn– do you boil the noodles before adding to pan?
Yes I do!