We had the most AMAZING fish taco dinner the other night. Steve bought a T-Fal Deep Fryer (Sh*t Steve Buys!) and even though I really teased him, it fried fish beautifully! It cleans and strains the oil and stores it all underneath. Pretty awesome. We also did it outside so no mess or smell inside!
Our favorite way to fry fish is with Lousiana Fish Fry seasoning. Makes it so yummy and crispy! We use something called a Better Breader for mess free breading. It’s also great for chicken. Just dance around and SHAKE IT UP!
I tossed together a quick guacamole, make sure you also try my Pomegranate Guacamole too!
Steve made a version of Half Baked Harvest’s Grilled Corn Slaw for the this. We LOVE her. Everything she makes is delicious! He also mixed sour cream with Tajin sauce to top the tacos and we added Mike’s Hot Honey after discovering this trick while we were in Charleston. Let me just tell you–this is literally the best thing we’ve ever tasted! No joke. Go make this…TONIGHT!
- 3 Red snapper filets
- 1 package Louisiana Fish Fry seasoning
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 Purple onion
- Tajin seasoning to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- Corn tortillas
- 3 avocados mashed
- 1/2 cup diced purple onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- Diced cow horn pepper (or jalapeño pepper) to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup mixed red and green cabbage shredded
- 2 ears grilled corn kernels removed
- 1 ripe peach nectarine or apple, sliced into think strips
- 1 jalapeno seeded + chopped
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the Grilled Corn Slaw in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for a least 15 minutes.
- Prepare the fish. Cut filets into similar sizes to cook evenly. Add with Louisana Fish Fry seasoning in Better Breader or plastic container to coat.
- Cook the fish in deep fryer or in a frying pan with oil.
- Prepare the guacamole.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and Tajon seasoning.
- Layer ingredients