You asked + I deliver! In the last month, Steve has finally given salad a chance…yes it has taken him 17 years to even try salad, but now he is hooked! As a man who loves to grill, I decided to add a little spin to a generic salad and do a grilled romaine salad for him and he is now hooked. This thing is the easiest…take what you have to make a salad, put it on the grill and BOOM, you have one of the best side dishes you will ever need.
- 2 large hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1 large purple or red onion
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes (Can get a variety of colors. I use yellow, green, and red)
- 2 avocados
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Cracked pepper
- Mozzarella pearls
- Any other salad toppings you might want (zucchini, mushrooms, cucumbers, etc. )
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees on the roast setting.
- Slice the whole tomatoes and purple onion
- Lay on parchment lined baking sheet
- Drizzle olive oil over top
- Sprinkle with salt and cracked pepper
- Place into the oven for 25-30 minutes until a little charred, soft, and tender
- Note: If you don’t have a grill, the oven works just fine. Preheat to 425 degrees and place in oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees
- Slice romaine hearts lengthwise right down the center
- In a small dish, mix together some of the olive oil with salt and cracked pepper
- Brush olive oil mix onto each side of the romaine
- Place on the grill for 2 minutes on each side until edges are wilted and a little charred
- Lastly, plate your romaine and add the tomatoes and other veggies on top. You can also crumble blue cheese, fresh mozzarella, or any other topping you might like, add in a protein like grilled shrimp or chicken, dress it and you’re finished. We’ve been loving caesar dressing and blue cheese dressing lately but anything will work!
Where is the BLT salad recipe? I can’t find it girlfriend!
I haven’t uploaded that one just yet, but trust me, it is on my list! So good!
Ok thank you!! Will be waiting for it!!
I’m on it.
You are so, so wonderful. Thank you with my whole heart!