- 4 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1/2 heavy cream, let stand at room temp
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- salt + pepper
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet. Sweet potatoes have a tendency to ooze and this will save you from cleaning your oven. bake for 1 hour or until tender when punctured with a fork.
- After baking allow potatoes to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and use a spoon to scrape out the insides into a medium sized bowl. Throw away the skins.
- Add maple syrup, heavy cream and butter.
- Using a hand mixer, whip potatoes until blended and smooth.
- Serve with short ribs, or any other poultry, fish pork or beef.
Hi I thought I would give you another sweet potatoes recipe to try. I call it “”Sweet Potatoe Souffle”. I took it to a pot luck for Thanksgiving years ago and was then told I had to bring it to ALL future pot luck. Obviously I didn’t bring any home with me. I love when that happens! Sweet Potatoe Souffle 1st Layer 5lbs Sweet Potatoes (baked or canned) 2 tablespoons Butter Sprinkle of Cinnamon 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk 2nd Layer 1/2 cup Butter 1 cup Brown Sugar 3 cups Honey Bunches of Oats (with or without nuts) 5 lbs… Read more »
This sounds amazing!! Thank you for taking the time to send!! Xx