- 4 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1/2 heavy cream, let stand at room temp
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- salt + pepper
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet. Sweet potatoes have a tendency to ooze and this will save you from cleaning your oven. bake for 1 hour or until tender when punctured with a fork.
- After baking allow potatoes to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and use a spoon to scrape out the insides into a medium sized bowl. Throw away the skins.
- Add maple syrup, heavy cream and butter.
- Using a hand mixer, whip potatoes until blended and smooth.
- Serve with short ribs, or any other poultry, fish pork or beef.