- 4 tbs butter sautéed pan
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 4 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 12 oz pkg cornbread classic stuffing
- 1/2 thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 medium size pumpkin to bake + serve in (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon. After its cooked transfer into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet melt butter. Add celery, onion and sage and sautee until tender.
- Add corn bread cubes to bacon in bowl. Add sauteed celery, onion and butter. Mix well.
- Mix together beaten egg, pumpkin puree and poultry seasoning. Combine all together.
- Spoon into a greased hollowed out pumpkin.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, uncovering after 35 minutes.