- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream?
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese - room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups espresso - cold
- 3 Tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
- 2 packages Lady Fingers
- Cocoa powder for dusting layers + top
- Add whipping cream to a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed. A a little sugar at a time and vanilla. continue to beat and add in mascarpone cheese and mix well. Set aside.
- Grab a shallow bowl, add cold espresso and coffee liqueur, stir. Dip the lady fingers in the espresso mixture (don’t soak) place them in a single layer on the bottom of your 8x8'' dish or trifle bowl.
- carefully spread & smooth mascarpone mixture over the top, lightly dust with coco powder. Add another layer of dipped lady fingers. Smooth mascarpone cream over the top and so on… you can do this in two layers or with a trifle dish, you’ll want to do multiple layers like I did.
- Dust cocoa powder over the top & garnish with fresh mint or any holiday greenery etc.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.