Back at ya with a quick and yummy recipe for all my Mexican food lovers. Between you and me, I can’t get enough of these flavors. So much so, it’s now been two of these recipes in a row. How’d you like the Taco Bowl recipe? If you’re reading this recipe and thinking…girl, I don’t have a cast iron skillet! Don’t be scared, I was at first. They can be quite intimidating, but Steve helped me get over that and quite honestly it’s my favorite way to cook now. Plus, less dishes! It’s a one-pot meal, from stove top to oven and then to your table. Easy peasy!
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced - leaving seeds for heat
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 8oz pkg Frontera Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, skin on for crunch
- 1/2 cup shredded Queso Fresco
- salt + pepper
- fresh limes
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and cook uncovered for about 5-7 minutes. Turn them over and continue to cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. Chicken will not be fully cooked, remove and set aside.
- Add all peppers and onion. Saute in chicken drippings until peppers are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add chicken thighs back to skillet, arranging them on top of peppers and onions. Carefully nestling down in between.
- Add both packets of green chili sauce over top.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Add shredded Queso Fresco cheese over top and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh lime slices and serve over rice. Making sure to get some of that yummy sauce over top.