Of course there's always pumpkin pie, but have you ever had a pumpkin cake like this? Well, if you're unsure and shaking your head 'No', then MAKE THIS and plan on having your mind blown. And also plan on being the talk of your dinner party and everyone begging for the recipe. It's seriously the BEST THING EVER. Perfect if you're asked to bring something to Thanksgiving dinner, and even if you're not. They won't turn this away. Trust me.
Butta....who doesn't love BUTTER. So why not make it a little more exciting. Not like it isn't already good enough. Is there anything better than a warm roll + cold BUTTER. No, no there isn't. Here's a simple way to take it to the next level. I love mixing in fresh herbs + garlic and a little kosher salt. Plus it makes a great hostess gift. I'll be sharing a few of my favorites with you in the coming days. But for now, enjoy this one!
PUMPKIN DREAM CAKE
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 box Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix / Duncan Hines makes one too
- 1 cup Daisy Brand sour cream
- 15 oz can Libby's pumpkin
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°
- Beat ingredients with mixer until well blended.
- Pour into greased cake pan of choice.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean. 28-30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16oz bag powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Blend in cinnamon.
- Spread over cake.
PARMESAN HERB BUTTER
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mixed herbs. Using your any combination of your favorites. Such as basil, thyme, sage, parsley, dill, chives, tarragon, oregano or rosemary.
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until herbs are distributed evenly.
- Using a hand mixer on medium speed. Mix all ingredients together.
- Use a rubber spatula and place butter on a piece of waxed paper or parchment and shape into a round cylinder shape or mimic a stick of butter. Seal ends by twisting and securing with bakers twine.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm, at least an hour.
- Butter will keep in refrigerator for about 2 weeks, and in the freezer for a few months.
Makes 1 cup (equivalent of 2 sticks)