PUMPKIN DREAM CAKE
Honestly, if you mention anything with pumpkin to me, I will probably already refer to whatever that may be as a dream. Yes, I am that girl. When Starbucks announces the pumpkin drink, my fall heart skips a beat. I mean, have you been to Trader Joe’s in the fall? It is a pumpkin lover’s dream! Now, I LOVE pumpkin pie, but decided I wanted to try something a little different and make a cake instead and I have to say…it really did taste like a dream…it was fluffy and had all of those fall spices we know and love.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix / Duncan Hines makes one too
- 1 cup Daisy Brand sour cream
- 15 oz can Libby’s pumpkin
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°
- Beat ingredients with mixer until well blended.
- Pour into greased cake pan of choice.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean. 28-30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Mix well and put on cake. Icing does best if you refrigerate cake.