CAPICOLA EGG CUPS
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES • COOK TIME: 14 MINUTES YIELD: 6 EGG CUPS (2 PER SERVING)
- 6 slices capicola (regular or spicy)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or other cheese of choice (optional)
- 6 large eggs Salt and pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
Notes: You can use prepackaged or deli capicola, or substitute other meats, like ham or bacon. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for meal prep. Store the egg cups in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray 6 wells of a standard-size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a slice of capicola in each of the 6 greased wells, forming a bowl shape. If using cheese, sprinkle 2 tablespoons into each of the cups formed by the capicola.
- Crack an egg into each cup and season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the egg whites are set. Serve hot, garnished with basil, if desired. per serving, with cheese:
CALORIES: 260 | FAT: 19.6 g | PROTEIN: 23 g | TOTAL CARBS: 1.6 g | NET CARBS: 1.6 g