They always say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so as someone who wakes up at 5 AM, I know that eating a good breakfast to kickstart the day is probably crucial to having a good day! I sometimes will go with cereal or some eggs, but when I like to be a little bit on the “fancier” side, these are one of the meals I love to make. They are super delicious and give me some variety as far as eggs go!
- 6 slices capicola (regular or spicy)
- 3?4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or other cheese of choice (optional)
- 6 large eggs Salt and pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- Notes: You can use prepackaged or deli capicola, or substitute other meats, like ham or bacon. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for meal prep. Store the egg cups in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray 6 wells of a standard-size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a slice of capicola in each of the 6 greased wells, forming a bowl shape. If using cheese, sprinkle 2 tablespoons into each of the cups formed by the capicola.
- Crack an egg into each cup and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the egg whites are set. Serve hot, garnished with basil, if desired. per serving, with cheese:
CALORIES: 260 | FAT: 19.6 g | PROTEIN: 23 g | TOTAL CARBS: 1.6 g | NET CARBS: 1.6 g
One more test!